This is an exciting opportunity to join Sandwell’s new Health Determinants Research Collaboration (HDRC) – Better Research for Better Health. Sandwell HDRC is a partnership between Sandwell MBC, the University of Birmingham, and the local voluntary & community sector. Our HDRC vision is to undertake evidence-informed, robustly evaluated activities that reflect the needs and values of our diverse local communities. As the HDRC Programme Manager, you will:
- Develop a detailed delivery plan for the Sandwell HDRC Programme and workstreams, working closely with the HDRC Director and strategic leads across partner organisations
- Oversee management and monitoring of the four HDRC workstreams, co-ordinating specialist input from internal and external partner
- Work with senior leads within Public Health and the wider Council to align HDRC activity with core business, and embed research culture and infrastructure across Directorates
- Strengthen and build on existing partnerships across sectors, and with academic institutions, to develop systems for research collaboration and governance, and translation of evidence into practice
The successful candidate will have:
- A higher degree level qualification in life or social sciences, or equivalent relevant experience
- Five of more years of management experience including: project management, budget management, people management, performance management
- Knowledge of public sector policy, health-related research methods and translation of evidence into practice
- Experience of managing multiple, complex projects working with several different agencies
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills for a wide range of audiences
The closing date for applications is 29th February 2024
Interviews will be held the week commencing 18 March 2024.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Lina Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.