We are in the process of implementing big plans for Liverpool. We want this to be an enabling, thriving, and sustainable city for everyone — and a huge part of that involves making it a connected, accessible place that meets the needs of all its residents.
Liverpool City Council has embarked on a major improvement programme that involves all parts of the organisation. Transport & Highways are at its heart. The Transport & Highways team has just completed a comprehensive Service Review. A number of positions are newly created posts that seek to improve its approach towards highways activities.
We are recruiting for a go-to commercial specialist for all contract and procurement activity who will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the major projects function.
You will provide specialist commercial support to Transport & Highways on procurement and contractual matters, tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities. You will review and approve contract documentation prior to tendering, to make sure it meets the requirements.
You will be responsible for managing contract audit programmes, carrying out audits across all highway service contracts. You will regularly review and monitor live contracts covering professional services, maintenance, and construction. You will also offer valuable commercial support to the contract project manager on key contractual matters, which will range from programme validation and early warning review to compensation event process and project manager assessments.
Key responsibilities include:
- To review current practices and propose improvements and new processes to ensure full compliance with the Council’s Contract Standing Orders and financial procedures, and to monitor implementation
- To support team leaders and senior officers in drafting internal governance documentation and provide commercial advice as and when required.
- To check quality of designs and contracts ensuring best value is achieved.
- Responsible for identifying the costs and managing scheme budgets from outset to completion.
- Monitor and control costs against budget throughout the project.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Dorothy Joyce Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07925 358450
Job Description and Person Specification
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.