- Are you seeking to make a difference in Building Control?
- Do you want a variety of work that allows you to experience different aspects of your role?
- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Building Control will be entering a period of change with associated challenging opportunities, and we currently have exciting positions within our Building Control Team, at Team Manager and Senior/Building Control Surveyor levels.
Who are we:
Building Control deals with building regulation applications and allied functions associated with all building types in Richmond and Wandsworth boroughs. This ranges from small domestic to large inner-city development such as Nine Elms regeneration including Battersea Power Station. We also deal with Safety of Sports Grounds including the international stadium at Twickenham.
You will be part of a hard-working and supporting team, in addition to which, we offer flexible working arrangements, training opportunities and career progression. The variety of work allows to you to gain experience in aspects of the service at all levels.
About the opportunities:
Senior/Building Control Surveyor
As a Senior Building Control Surveyor, you will act as a professional specialist/expert at principal level in a team, dealing with works streams at the highest level. The posts will present opportunities to grow your career with increasing complexity of work and providing a path of development within the service.
Senior/Building Control Surveyor:
- This presents exciting opportunities to join a large team of structured career development and experience a wide range of building control works in a vibrant area of South West London.
- For the Senior Building Control Surveyor post you will be fully conversant with building control legislation and be able to deal with complex aspects of the Building Control function.
- At the more junior levels there will be opportunities to develop your career with formal and informal training involving a wide range of building work.
Please review the attached Job Profiles to find out more information of the above rewarding posts.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 32 paid days plus bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Building Control Surveyor- Job Profile
Senior Building Control Surveyor- Job Profile
Anonymised Application Guide for candidates
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.