An opportunity has arisen to appoint an Investment Manager to join one of the largest Local Government Pension Schemes and play a key role in leading the West Midlands Pension Fund’s Investment function.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 330,000 scheme members, 700 employers with £20bn of assets under management.
We are seeking a highly organised Investment Manager to be responsible for the assessment, monitoring and management of risk in relation to investments. To also support with the oversight of and management of the relationship with LGPS Central. The Investment Manager will also be responsible for drafting Committee papers and training material on investment related matters.
- To develop and deliver a high performing investment service and to provide input and support to investment decision making.
- To provide strategic investment advice and support to senior managers including the Assistant Directors and the Director of Pensions. To contribute to the formulation
- To identify factors which have a significant impact on portfolios/investments, both beneficial and detrimental. Making recommendations to improve performance and/or reduce risk.
- To be responsible for sourcing, researching and carrying out due diligence within asset classes, and recommending suitable investment selection decisions.
- To be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of measurement of performance of the portfolios liaising with internal and external providers to ensure timely reporting to Senior Managers, Pensions Committee and Pensions Board.
- To produce committee reports and analytical information for Senior Managers
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or have significant experience of investment related work at a senior level within the private or public sector with demonstrable ability to understand and interpret economic and investment issues and apply strategic thinking.
For more information please email WMPFrecruitment@wolverhampton.gov.uk or to apply for this post please visit the following website:-
For more information about working for our organisation including the culture of the Council, the Council plan and vision, staff equality forums, HR core policies and much more please click here. https://www.wvjobs.co.uk/index.html
If you are considering applying for an apprenticeship or role where the salary is £18,333 to £27,514 (Grades 2-5), and want to visit us to get more information about the application process and what it is like to work for the City of Wolverhampton Council, please attend one of our monthly briefings. To find out more and book onto a session, click here.
Investment Manager .pdf