We have an exciting opportunity for someone with the energy and passion for making a difference to lead our Housing and Neighbourhood Improvement Team. This small, dedicated team proactively targets specific, often diverse and changing areas and communities, to improve housing and neighbourhoods.
This role will lead a wide ranging programme, coordinating proactive activity working with landlords, tenants and residents to improve housing standards and create healthier, warmer homes including:
- The mandatory and discretionary inspection of dwellings and sites across the District to fulfil the Council’s Statutory duties;
- Working with property owners to bring empty homes back in to use;
- Managing the Wakefield Responsible Landlord Scheme;
- Park home sites licensing;
- Delivery of the Council’s Home Energy Efficiency Improvement Programme.
You will have extensive enforcement experience, ideally in a housing, planning or environmental health context, as we well as knowledge of housing construction, legislation, formal enforcement and compiling evidence in preparation of pursuing formal action.
You will have a history of successful project/programme management as well as experience of policy development, performance monitoring, and working with the public and in multi-agency partnerships.
- Generous Grade 11 salary
- 30 days annual leave holiday + up to 15 days/year flexi leave allowance
- Hybrid working including working from home
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Relaxed working environment
- Training opportunities
- Discounted and subsidised public transport
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Mark Hooton.
Tel: 07887 932541
PR2449 001 Housing and Neighbourhood Improvements Manager.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.