Join Wakefield’s Outstanding leadership team and make a real difference.
As one of three Locality Service Managers you will be responsible for five locality teams, which are based in our community hubs. You will drive and oversee the work of the service which includes assessing and delivering intervention to children and young people in need of help and protection. You will lead the service to ensure a robust workforce and practice which is aspirational and drives timely outcomes for our children.
If you are as passionate about helping children and young people achieve their potential as we are, this could be the perfect job for you. Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. You will be a key figure in the Wakefield Families Together cluster, promoting a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved.
Essential requirement of the role:
- Professional social work qualification and registration with professional body
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams, and create a high performing service
- Strong business planning and management skills, including planning competing priorities and resources
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and policy frameworks that impact upon the service
In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- A place on a permanent, dynamic, supportive and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- Minimum of 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays rising to 33 (subject to length of service)
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
For further information on this role, please contact Esther Beresford, Head of Service
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07920360092
Service Manager - Localities Safeguarding Teams - updated 09.05.2018.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.