First Response service (based centrally at County Hall).
Our close group of Managers work across our screening and assessment service with small staff teams of up to six. Our Team Managers are supported by a Senior Practitioner in each team who works with social workers to ensure that incoming work is carefully considered and decision making robust and child focused. The Permanent Service Manager focuses on quality, standards and performance, alongside support for you as the Team Manager.
The Team Manager post is in one of our 5 Assessment Teams and benefits from a group of experienced and stable permanent managers and Service Manager who will support you in your induction into this post.
Who we are looking for:
- You will be an energetic and enthusiastic social work manager who is able to share your enthusiasm and passion for practice with those you manage. We welcome experienced managers or those wanting to enter into a management/leadership role.
- You will have extensive experience of working in statutory children’s services and an in depth understanding of the interventions required to build safety and protect children from harm.
- You will be able to evidence your skills and knowledge of creative, innovative and relationship-based social work and demonstrates your ability to lead and manage a skilled workforce.
- You will have a strong and credible professional reputation.
- You will be confident in your supervisory skills and oversee learning and development for your team – ensuring they make the most of their CPD time and our learning offer.
- You have retained a strong interest in research and the evidence base for practice and are confident about how this can be used in practice
- Ideally you will already be confident in the application of the Signs of Safety methodology but certainly in the value of relationship-based social work.
- You will have an in depth understanding of Trauma informed practice and ensuring the child/family are at the centre of everything you and your team do and you have high aspirations for those we serve and support.
- We want people with energy and people who have a ‘can- do’ attitude; we want people who will help us to build a real culture of reflection and learning and who can support our Social Workers to be the best that they can be. We want team players!
- We want managers who already see themselves as practice leaders and understand the role they have in nurturing good practice and who are going to contribute to the next phase of our collective development.
We hope this sounds like you!
For more information about this role please contact Wendy Collins email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.