Safer Essex Roads Partnership Manager
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
This role sits within Essex Highways (EH), which is an integrated partnership between Essex County Council (ECC) and Ringway Jacobs, providing highways services in Essex. ECC and EH are members of the Safer Essex Roads Partnership (SERP). EH delivers ECC’s road safety functions, as part of ECC’s contribution to the SERP.
The Partnership Manager is responsible for the co-ordination of activities required to deliver the SERP’s aspiration for zero road deaths and serious injuries by 2040 – ‘Vision Zero’ in Essex, Southend and Thurrock. This role will drive the change towards a safe system approach and will specifically manage the safety camera function. The role will also manage the financial, governance and administrative aspects of the Partnership in accordance with ECC’s policies and will work closely with Essex Police, managing relationships with and between partners, and with suppliers and contractors. The role guides the strategic direction of the Partnership, setting timescales for actions and investment to ensure the sustainability of service delivery for the local authorities.
The post holder will have a proven ability to assimilate, interpret and convey technical and financial information and experience of building and operating strong, collaborative networks which motivate a diverse team to deliver shared objectives. They will be a persuasive and trusted communicator.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Partnership in pursuance of the aims and objectives in the Safer Essex Roads Partnership’s (SERP) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), and in accordance with the Vision Zero Strategy, ensuring the Partnership delivers a publicly acceptable balance of enforcement/engagement activities and education, ensuring the sustainability of the business model.
- Manage the safety camera operation in the partnership area, including the procurement of services and contracts, providing advice to local authorities and providing line management of an officer responsible for the maintenance of the infrastructure. Represent the SERP at regional and national partnership meetings.
- Identify opportunities or threats to the partnership, raising these at the appropriate level to protect the sustainability of the partnership and its aspiration for Vision Zero.
- Manage the strategy and data analysis team and the communications team, ensuring the partnership’s strategy and communications are data and evidence led and the progress towards Vision Zero through the safe system approach is appropriately monitored to support regular reviews of strategy and activities.
- Assist in the reinforcement of a strong partnership culture, promoting the integration of the SERP within its partner organisations ensuring they are aware of their responsibilities and providing support and advice to enable them to comply with the MoU or to enable them to satisfy their own internal performance indicators or governance requirements.
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Partnership’s financial situation, working closely with Essex Police’s financial manager to prepare realistic projections for the preparation of the annual budgets and plans for Board approval, allocation and monitoring the approved budget, compliance with financial regulations and governance, reconciliation and audit processes (supported by an ECC qualified accountant), protecting existing income streams and identifying new ones
- Responsible for Partnership administration as detailed in the MoU but including administering four meetings of the Governance Board each financial year, briefing the chair and other members as required, providing reports, information and advice, and arranging and chairing the regular Enforcement progress and monitoring sub-group.
- Responsible for identifying and planning the review of any documentation necessary to comply with the MoU or Vision Zero Strategy, including the review of those documents themselves and data sharing and joint leases/equipment agreements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification or equivalent by experience in relevant subject (civil/road safety engineering, management, psychology, behaviour change, finance).
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Effective leadership skills to deliver cultural change and to motivate and enthuse diverse teams, over which you have no direct control, to collaborate to deliver shared objectives.
- Experience of managing successful projects, ideally safety camera installations or other highway services, including procurement, governance and other statutory processes involved with these activities.
- Experience of financial management and procurement, with good knowledge and understanding of financial controls and governance procedures.
- Experience of performance management including line management of staff
- Experience of advising and influencing senior decision makers and other stakeholders through reports and presentations.
- Proven ability to interpret multiple data sets to suggest future strategy, including statistical and financial data.
To read more about us please visit: SERP – Safer Essex Road Partnership (saferessexroads.org)
Please note that the job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Therefore, the post holder will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Chelmsford
- Corporate Management Team Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Chelmsford
- Procurement Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Chelmsford
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Chelmsford
- Highways Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Chelmsford