Team Manager - Safeguarding and EDT
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Northumberland adults safeguarding team are excited to be able to advertise 2 vacancies within the safeguarding team. Both posts are full time, 37 hours and permanent.
To apply for this post, you must be registered with Social Work England and have a minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience and a good sound knowledge of Safeguarding Adults. Ideally you will be working in the field of adult social work, be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and know how to apply Safeguarding thresholds and criteria. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about keeping vulnerable adults safe, this is about more than simply keeping someone safe, this is about respecting and protecting an individual’s needs, aspirations and integrity, both mental and physical. This is about making sure the environments they inhabit, and the people and services they encounter within them, reflect these same ideals.
The salary for these posts is band 10 (£43570 - 47665), the current JD has recently been evaluated and therefore the job title will change to reflect this. Nevertheless, the role requires someone who has the ability to make decisions to keep people protected and safe. Safeguarding isn’t easy, but its effectiveness is its own reward and protecting people from neglect, abuse and organisational negligence is rewarding. As practitioners, your empathy, compassion and experience have never been more needed. Social workers, and other safeguarding practitioners, must always remember that people are the experts of their own lives and it is our role to work alongside them to identify strengths-based and outcomes focused solutions - making safeguarding personal. We must work in a way that enhances individual involvement, choice and control as part of improving quality of life, wellbeing and safety. We are looking for someone with drive and determination to make a difference, the ability to maintain and forge positive relationships with colleagues is important as well as ensuring the principles of 'Making Safeguarding Personal' is upheld.
If you would like further information or an information discussion, please contact Andrea Cross, Senior Manager, 07810057298
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
· 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees) · Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
· Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
· A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
· Car Leasing Scheme
Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information regarding our benefits.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northumberland
- Corporate Management Team Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northumberland
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northumberland
- Social Care Social Worker £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northumberland