Procurement & Contracts Manager
Are you someone who can consider different contracting options and then plan meticulously to deliver the best option? Do you like working with a wide variety of people to help them deliver corporate objectives whilst delivering value for money? Can you challenge assumptions, ensure compliance with rules and procedures whilst finding creative solutions, and build relationships and trust with colleagues and stakeholders?
Sound like you? Then we would like to welcome you to manage our Contracts and Procurement Team.
Professional, ambitious and driven by service excellence, you will provide support to several councils who are sharing procurement services. This is an excellent opportunity to manage a newly formed team serving a number of councils. You will also look for opportunities to further grow the service and deliver value for money and economies of scale from procurement processes and contract management. A dynamic leader with a resilient personality and track record of delivering creative and innovative solutions are required for success in this role.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder engagement competencies.
- Have the ability to work alongside and support service teams across the councils in the delivery of their critical projects.
This role is offered on a permanent basis at Breckland Council, which hosts the procurement service that is provided to several other local councils.
If this role is of interest, you possess these skills and are keen to help the Contracts and Procurement Team deliver excellent service, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- I look for opportunities to coach, support and mentor people both inside and outside of my own team (s) or discipline.
- I encourage individuals and teams to work, learn and deliver together
- I make sure people feel trusted, valued, informed and supported.
- I act as a role model, leading by example: motivating, influencing and inspiring others
- I am motivational and drive positivity; taking an optimistic approach and engaging others and giving individuals the space and freedom to be creative
- I actively encourage innovation. If things go wrong I see that as an opportunity to learn and develop
- I recognise good performance and take the time to thank, praise and celebrate achievements
- I delegate work effectively and thoughtfully, giving everyone a chance to shine; my team are clear on what they need to achieve
- I look for opportunities to develop people, nurturing future talent
- I make sure individuals have control and a sense of purpose about their work. Work should make people feel good.
- I empower everyone to work in the most effective way, trusting in their ability to deliver, and encourage individuals to have the confidence to challenge in a safe space
- I encourage individuals to have the confidence to challenge in a safe space
- I help create an environment where individuals feel comfortable to be themselves and where they feel heard, included and valued
- I promote and regularly check on individual's mental health and well-being
- When individuals are finding things hard, I give them chance to talk and give them the help and support they need.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.