Asset And Investment Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
East Suffolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
You will be responsible for driving forward the asset management investment function, placing the team at the heart of the councils’ strategy to maximise the performance of our asset holdings.
Reporting to the Head of Operations you will lead on our asset investment, management and disposal programme. You will also advise the councils on all asset investment, management, valuation and estate management issues and oversee an increase in revenues generated from existing and new assets.
As well as managing a team of professionals and support staff, in various locations, in the delivery of strategic and operational property management and building surveying services, you will prepare, and present committee reports to Cabinet on property issues and conduct option appraisals and viability studies for commercial and retail property.
For this role, you will need:
- to be a chartered surveyor with appropriate post qualification experience
- have demonstrable first-hand knowledge of property issues faced by the public sector
- proven experience of working to targets within a commercial environment
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- to manage and co-ordinate work programmes and staff.
This is a significant growth project and an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in a dynamic work environment.
In return, we can offer great opportunities for training and development. We want you to stay with us for the long-term, so we’ll give you all the support we can to build a great career with our organisation. There’s also a superb benefits package including flexible working options, generous leave entitlement, discount scheme, pension scheme and free car parking.
Post pandemic, the council has adopted a hybrid way of working which allows for a mix of working from home and working in the office, either in Lowestoft or Woodbridge.
We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
Why work for us?
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access.
To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council, take a look at our video and hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Great opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking (when you are working in the office)
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health and beauty and many other products and services
To find out more
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.