Head of Service - Safeguarding Interventions
- Contract Type
- Full time
We're looking to appoint a Head of Service for Safeguarding Interventions; a high profile role which leads the Safeguarding Intervention Service. This service holds the majority of children subject to child in need plans, child protection plans and interim court orders.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Jamaila Hussain, Director of Prevention and Commissioning by email: Jamaila.email@example.com. We don't accept applications from agencies.
About the role
As a council, we recognise the importance of investing in our Children's Social Care function.
Our vision for children’s social care is “every conversation starts with the child” and that we will achieve this by ensuring:
- everyone feels safe
- risk is understood and managed well
- practice is consistently good
An exciting Opportunity has arisen to join City of York Council as Head of Service for Safeguarding Intervention.
York is ambitious for children and young people and we are looking for leaders who can drive improvement and improve outcomes.
If you would like to be part of our senior leadership team and contribute to our ongoing success and have the flexibility and drive to enable us to innovate and make a difference to outcomes for children and young people, then we would like to hear from you.
As the Head of Service for Safeguarding Interventions, you'll be responsible for:
- representing the local authority with key partner agencies such as CAFCASS, the Judiciary, NSPCC, Education and statutory agencies including the Police and Health
- ensuring effective communication to all staff and partners which provides a clear line of sight between social workers, managers and senior managers
- identifying and interpreting relevant legislation and guidance that impacts on social work practice
To be successful in the role you'll have:
- significant experience of managing and leading high quality children’s social care services
- been a part of leading improvements of social care services to achieve for children
- a clear commitment to the development and delivery of child centred services
Read the job profile.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in York
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in York
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in York
- Safeguarding Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in York