Senior Lawyer Regeneration & Property - Housing Delivery
Are you a Regeneration & Property Lawyer with local government experience and looking for variety and challenge?
Royal Greenwich is proud to be a borough synonymous with first class modern services. A world heritage site, our communities are vibrant and diverse, and our elected members are ambitious to realise the potential of the borough whilst working within a challenging financial environment.
Greenwich Legal Services is committed to being a high performing in-house legal service which plays an essential part in the achievement of the Royal Borough’s priorities and objectives for the benefit of our community.
You will join us at an exciting time as the Royal Borough continues with its on-going ambitious regeneration programme.
We are looking to recruit a skilled and dynamic Regeneration & Property Lawyer with a ‘can do’ approach and an interest in learning new skills who will join our Regeneration & Property Team and play a vital role in the next stage of our continuous improvement journey.
Utilising your current skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Assistant Head of Legal Services (Regeneration & Property) and will have your own varied caseload on matters including regeneration, commercial property, homeownership and land transactions. The post is ideal for a Property lawyer who wishes to build new skills in regeneration such as a wider knowledge of housing, planning and local government procedures.
The role will involve supervising and managing junior staff and providing legal advice and support to committees, members and senior officers, and taking any appropriate measures to ensure continued legal service delivery. The post holder will be working on an exciting project to deliver new housing in Royal Greenwich and work with our internal clients and external lawyers. You will therefore need to build a strong rapport and work collaboratively with our colleagues across the Council.
You must be a qualified solicitor or barrister holding a current practising certificate, or FiLex.
Rewards and Benefits of working for us:
- Commitment to provide development opportunities to staff
- Agile working
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 31 days annual leave after 5 years’ service.
- Excellent pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities to maximise your potential
- Annual season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Diana Barrett; Diana.Barrett@royalgreenwich.gov.uk 0208 921 2113
- Staff Values - Job Documentation
File size: 349.49 KB
File size: 325.78 KB
File size: 53.01 KB
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Corporate Management Team Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- IT Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Housing Solicitor £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (South)