Assistant Director Regeneration & Major Projects
Assistant Director Regeneration & Major Projects
£62,872 - £68,599 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!!
The Place Department in Derbyshire County Council is going through an exciting change programme, reflecting a varied and stimulating workload that will help reshape the physical, social and economic landscape within the County.
The Economy and Regeneration Service is recruiting three, new senior leaders to help drive forward this agenda which includes: delivery of a regeneration and place shaping programme worth over £500m; working closely with global Tier 1 and other businesses; helping core industrial sectors to thrive (Derbyshire’s tourism sector alone is currently worth over £2bn); and making sure our residents have the very best opportunities to access to skills and employment.
We are seeking inspiring, experienced and energetic leaders to fill the following roles:
This new role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, strategic leader to join the Economy and Regeneration Management Team and drive delivery of our ambitious regeneration programme which is worth over £500m. The programme consists of major capital projects ranging from heritage led regeneration at Elvaston Castle, large scale road schemes, rail and future fuels infrastructure, and market town renewal, all set within a context of a clear ambition to secure sustainable growth. Building credibility and excellent working relationships with Government departments, major funders and our eight district authorities will be critical responsibility for the successful applicant.
This is a role for a proven and capable leader who is highly organised, has substantial experience in public sector project and programme delivery and well versed in matrix management. Balancing competing priorities in a fast paced environment is a core requirement.
So, if you want to have a strong influence in building sustainable places across the beautiful county of Derbyshire and want to work for a forward thinking and innovative authority, joining this ambitious and dynamic team could be the perfect opportunity for you to really make a difference.
Key aspects of this role also include:
- Oversee the implementation of key regeneration projects, ensuring that projects are properly structured, resources are allocated, programme management methodologies are being followed and effective performance reporting is in place
- Take a strategic lead in the leadership and management of the Council’s functions in relation to the development and delivery of a complex programme of large-scale infrastructure and major regeneration projects
- Lead the development and delivery of long term strategies in preparing a 5-10 year pipeline of major capital projects across inter-related programme areas, assessing future trends and requirements in response to the climate change
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Regeneration and Major Projects Service and its constituent functions of: Markham Vale; rail strategy; funding and pipeline preparation; business case and bid development; programme management and project delivery, in a way that reflects the Council’s priorities for high performance, improved customer focus, quality, effectiveness and efficiency
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills/experience will you need?
- Substantial senior level managerial experience with the ability to develop and sustain high performing teams and partnerships
- Have substantial experience of leadership and management in a directly related field and in a large, complex, multi-service organisation
- Ability to build a climate of trust during periods of change, using leadership skills to generate positive support and energy for change proposals
- Ability to manage multi-functional services, developing and implementing new systems and initiatives and ensuring continuing service efficiencies
- Ability to objectively assess need, based on evidence and information and make strategic decisions in relation to service priorities and work across service boundaries
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
And what’s in it for you?
- 34 days of annual leave
- Flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
- …and much more!
Derbyshire County Council is going through a period of positive development and transformation so it’s a great time to join and drive change.
For a snapshot of the key regeneration opportunities across Derbyshire – from major sites which will help drive economic prosperity and support a growing population, to smaller projects at the heart of our communities please visit Invest in Derbyshire
For an informal and confidential chat about the role please contact the Director of Economy & Regeneration, Joe Battye – email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date; week commencing 13th June