IT Security Manager
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic IT Security Manager to join Bradford Council’s IT Services Team, based at Britannia House (Bradford).
Working in the Enterprise Architecture and Systems Services Team to lead the IT security team to deliver security policy and document development, system support, maintenance and configuration that ensures that the department meets and exceeds agreed service levels to its customers.
The central focus of the role is to participate in and support the security strategy for the ongoing development and enhancement of the council's security position. You will be required to engage with the business, projects and infrastructure team to establish security controls and requirements on a wide range of issues. You will be expected to line manage a small team responsible for day to day security compliance and monitoring activities and developing IT policies and guidance’s, and running security incidents management from end to end.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will:
· Have a strong appreciation of privacy and compliance issues including PCI DSS, PSN, DPA, IGTook Kit and Computer Misuse Act.
· Oversee the design, effectiveness, implementation and embedding of Information Security policies, procedures and guidance’s
· Oversee the councils SOC with internal and external resources
· Implement, review and execute the IT Security Strategy
· Have a strong appreciation of managing in the overarching Risk, Control and Capital assessment for information security and maintain detailed risks and issues register
· Oversee the escalation, investigation and communication or reporting of Information Security issues, including data protection breaches
· Maintain suite of Information Security Key Risk Indicators, and other relevant management information
· Develop and maintain an appropriate information security incident response procedure
· Have a good understanding of all information security domains including infrastructure and application security.
· Have experience in anti-virus, endpoint protection, mail and web filtering tools as well as a knowledge of vulnerability assessment penetration testing tools
· Have experience of AWS, Azure and Office 365 Security tools and
· Have experience implementing, installing and migration experience of authentication manager /Identification security solutions including implementing the Identity and Access Management Plan
· Have security domain experience in applications, security, infrastructure, cloud, integration and networks
· Work within an Architecture Framework to transform the IT Services and departments it supports
· Advantageous to have CISSP or CISM certification
· Desirable to have an understanding of TOGAF methodology
o At least 3 years’ experience working at a senior level in an ICT environment includes 2 years’ experience in the management of staff, projects or a function and educated to degree standard or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or
Professional Management qualification.
o At least 5 years’ experience working at a senior level in an ICT environment AND includes 2 years’ experience in the management of staff, projects or a function.
· Have excellent customer facing and customer service skills.
For further information regarding this post please contact Yunus Mayat on 01274 437608 or email: email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.