Children's Placement Manager
Our Children Looked After Service is looking to recruit a full time Team Manager to lead our Placements Team.
The Placements Team is responsible for identifying external residential and family placements for children looked after aged 0-18, supported accommodation for young people aged 16+, and supporting young people leaving care with securing settled accommodation. The team plays a crucial role in offering the children and young people we care for safety, security and stability.
You will bring positive energy, enthusiasm and passion to the role, with a clear focus on achieving positive outcomes for the children and young people we care for.
Our goals and visions
Here in Wandsworth, we are on an exciting journey of transformation. Our goals and vision are all about keeping families together where it is safe to do so. When children do need to come into care, our role is to provide them with the safety, stability and love that they need to thrive.
We value each member of the service and want each and every one to be a leader and champion of exemplary practice.
About the role
As Team Manager of the Placements Team, you will be responsible for leading a committed group of placements officers, social workers and our leaving care housing manager. You will be working collaboratively with your colleagues across the department and with external providers, to deliver high-quality and well-matched placements for children looked after and accommodation for care leavers.
To be shortlisted your application and personal statement (no longer than 2 sides of A4) will clearly evidence:
- Significant experience of working in or managing a children’s placements team, in a local authority setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build relationships with colleagues in social care, finance and commissioning, as well as with external providers.
- Enthusiasm and tenacity to lead, shape and develop a team, bringing creativity and innovation to the way we commission placements for children and young people.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact either Trudy Eastwood (Trudy.Eastwood@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk) or Elizabeth Souter (Elizabeth.Souter@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk).
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including working from home and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Children's Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)