MASH Vacancies: Advanced Practitioners
In Wandsworth we want our social workers and practitioners to feel confident in their practice and supported to manage the emotional demands of their role. Our shared vision and values to improve outcomes for children and families will drive practice.
Our outstanding practice framework will support us collectively to do that. We want to apply solutions to complex problems in the simplest way. Having a robust practice framework will enable a shared language, understanding and value base from which we can all work creatively with children and families to achieve the best outcomes for them.
Our Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) service is looking to recruit the following professionals below to help play a key role in achieving positive outcomes for children in Wandsworth. Come and join us!
- Social Workers
- Domestic Abuse Specialist Social Worker
- Advanced Practitioners
Our MASH in Wandsworth is the Front Door for referrals into our Early Help Services and Children’s Social Care. We are a co-located service with partners from the Police, Health, Education, IDVA Services and Housing. Within MASH we have specialist workers in Substance Misuse, NRPF, and Special Educational Needs to support our work with children, young people and their families.
Our social work practice with children and families is so important. It can be both incredibly challenging and hugely rewarding. The responsibility of working with families where the decisions you make and the power of your influence has the ability to shape and change lives, can be difficult. You will have access to a linked Family and Systemic Psychotherapist and a Practice Specialist for consultation to support you in your role.
How we will support you
We will support you in your practice and decision making so you never feel alone. Our culture of high support, high challenge provides our workforce with relevant training and learning to undertake great practice and creates spaces for them to learn from others and receive appropriate challenge to help ensure that the decisions they make are the right ones for children and families. The relationship you will build with families in the MASH will be central to the help we can offer and how they will experience and receive this.
About the roles
In the application, you will be asked to select which position/s you are interested in applying for.
£42,015 - £50,910 per annum (subject to experience)
- £5,000 welcome bonus. (Paid in two instalments. The first £2,500 after 6 months on successful completion of your probation period and the second £2,500 after 12 months of employment) and a retention bonus.
As a qualified and professionally registered Social Worker with Social Work England, you will be a key member of the MASH Team, bringing experience, skills and a commitment to our relational practice. Working with other Advanced Practitioners and the MASH Team Manager, you will ensure the effective and timely allocation of tasks within the Team ensuring children and young people receive the right service within the right framework.
To be considered for the Advanced Practitioner role, your application will demonstrate that you:
- Have a thorough understanding of current legislation and the London Safeguarding Children Procedure and Practice Guidance and be committed to relational practice.
- Can provide clear, supportive and appropriate consultation to partners about referrals they have made to the MASH.
- Are respectful and able to support and challenge agencies across the partnership
- ensure the practice in the MASH is timely and supports our vision, values and culture of quality.
- Can work with your colleagues in the MASH and be part of our improvement plan to create an outstanding service for children and young people in Wandsworth.
- Experience of supervising students, and or other practitioners.
For an informal discussion, please contact Iain Low on Iain.Low@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home, compressed or part-time hours, term time only, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Social Worker £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Corporate Management Team Social Worker £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Children's Services Social Worker £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Safeguarding Social Worker £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (South)