Strategic Lead for Children’s Disability Social Care
Join our outstanding children’s disability team and enjoy the challenge of shaping and developing our service in a supportive and highly dynamic environment.
We’re looking for someone who will bring real innovation to an authority determined to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people. Someone with the knowledge, creativity and drive to provide strong direction for specialist social care services for children with severe disabilities.
Why East Sussex?
Because at East Sussex we understand that the work is meaningful but challenging, so we will make you an exceptional offer:
- a highly competitive benefits package, including relocation expenses
- an environment in which you can innovate and be creative
- a place to learn, progress and thrive; and
- an unparalleled wellbeing offer which supports individual resilience.
All of this in one of the most beautiful places in the country.
Strong leadership to improve outcomes
You’ll be a key part of a forward-thinking senior leadership team for Inclusion, Special Education Needs and Disabilities (ISEND). You’ll bring with you a proven record of working in partnership with statutory agencies to improve outcomes for children and young people.
You’ll have oversight of two children’s homes, plus the full range of statutory social work services for children and young people with disabilities. Our aspirations for disabled children and young people are high and we’re committed to supporting parents and carers to promote safe and happy childhoods.
A workforce for the community, from the community
We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage those from Black and ethnic minority backgrounds, those who are disabled, male and those who identify as LGBTQ+. We are working towards recruiting a workforce that reflects our community because we recognise the unique skills and experience that an individual brings.
We’re proud that 92% of staff, in our most recent health survey, said they would recommend to others working in Children’s Services at ESCC.
So, join us! Complete your application today and take the next step towards an exciting career move.
Or call Nathan Caine, Head of ISEND for an informal chat on 07717 356 027.
To apply for this post please click apply below.
Closing date: 22 May 2022.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in East Sussex
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in East Sussex
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in East Sussex
- Children's Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in East Sussex
- Social Care Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in East Sussex