Assistant Director, Children and Families
Are you an aspirational and visionary leader with a passionate commitment to achieving excellence for children and young people?
North Yorkshire County Council has a reputation for delivering high quality services. Its Children’s Services are nationally recognised for their excellence, taking a national lead to share best practice.
As a council we have an immensely successful track record. We consistently score well in inspections and are amongst the top scoring when compared to other County Councils. We also have a good story to tell when it comes to value for money, service delivery and impact in the communities of North Yorkshire we serve.
In both LGA peer and Ofsted reviews our children’s services are referred to as outstanding and providing a beacon for other authorities grappling with the challenges of delivering excellent outcomes for children and families while operating under a constrained budget.
We are pursuing ambitious plans for transformation; to face the challenge of balancing the need to make large-scale efficiencies with our plans for modernisation, whilst working through what is an ever changing landscape, and the delivery of service excellence. Great progress on that journey has been made; we have the ability to invest the resources necessary to ensure that our priorities are met now and into the future.
It is an exciting time for the Council as we deliver local government review by merging the 8 district, borough and county council to form a new North Yorkshire Council for April 2023. The county council is the continuing authority, therefore children’s services are unchanged by this structural transformation. It brings with it the opportunity to improve localised services in this great county and secure greater investment through a devolution deal for North Yorkshire. A devolution deal for York and North Yorkshire could potentially unlock around £2.4bn of investment over 30 years, with a focus on improving the economic prosperity and future long-term opportunities for all residents.
With this in mind, we are now looking for an Assistant Director with vision, leadership and the drive to meet challenges head on, as well as someone who can work successfully with key stakeholders and take key service managers with us; to realise our ambition.
You will be an inspirational, progressive, supportive and visible leader steeped in innovative professional social work practice. You will understand and have the ability to navigate the challenging and ever changing children and young people’s landscape and above all you will have a passionate commitment to young people with a moral purpose at the core.
As Assistant Director you will be a true social care professional providing clear, assured direction and innovative leadership to the strategies, functions and operational delivery of our Children’s and Families service. A member of the Children and Young People’s Service Leadership Team, you will also ensure continual improvement in performance across our entire Children and Young People’s service.
Given our lean senior management system you will play a key role in the corporate leadership of the council, working with the Chief Executive, Corporate Directors, elected members, and other senior colleagues across the Council.
In return we can provide you with:
· A strong foundation to progress some really interesting, innovative, high impact, ground breaking work.
· The opportunity to positively influence the entirety of our children’s service and the council as a whole.
· A large organisation serving the largest county in the country providing the opportunity to work at scale.
· An excellent reputation allowing you to work with organisation’s on a national stage and trade services commercially.
· Strong political leadership and partnership arrangements providing catalysts for change not barriers to overcome.
· An authority which is financially stable as a result of our grip on performance and resources, and our ability to spend the Yorkshire pound astutely allowing you to forge forward with innovative practice.
· Career Progression. Our grip, resilience and agility provides the platform for you to make your mark and enjoy personal and professional success.
If you are interested and are inspired to help lead the next phase of our journey, we look forward to your application. We encourage you to explore your interest with our recruitment partners at The Resourcing Solution to learn a little more.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Social Worker £100,000-plus Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Corporate Management Team Social Worker £100,000-plus Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £100,000-plus Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Children's Services Social Worker £100,000-plus Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Social Care Social Worker £100,000-plus Full time jobs in North Yorkshire