Director of Legal & Democratic Services
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional with a proven track record to lead modern, high quality legal and democratic services in a large unitary council employing more than 9,500 staff.
In addition to acting as Monitoring Officer, you will contribute to the leadership of the council via membership of the Corporate Management Team and the Senior Management Team.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are qualified as a solicitor, holding a current practising certificate with significant post qualification experience with:
· highly developed strategic leadership skills
· an appetite for and an ability to work in a political environment
· an ability to lead service change, transformation and modernisation.
Our benefits include:
· staff discounts, generous pension and health and wellbeing schemes
· a friendly and supportive working environment
· flexible working opportunities
· central location with access to transport links, shops and supermarkets within walking distance
· making a positive difference to the area and the people living in the East Riding of Yorkshire
· relocation package opportunities.
If you feel you have the ability, experience and drive to take on this role please click the apply now link below.