Head of Service - Provider Services
Bradford Children’s Services are on a journey. Over the coming months and years, we’re transforming the provision of care throughout our communities. Taking learnings from what’s serving us well and what could improve, it’s not just a transition – but a unique opportunity. A chance for everyone to make a mark on how we shape our service for young people. To set the standards and direction for care, district wide. Our senior staff are the catalyst for this change. Bringing all their skills, experience, and passion for the profession, they’re energising the people who can make it all happen.
A key member of the Children’s Social Care Management Team, you’ll provide operational leadership, direction and expertise in the development of our service to vulnerable children.
You’ll be an experienced, strategic leader and outstanding communicator, grounded in good social work practice, who understands what good looks like and sets a high bar for those around you. Credible at a senior level. You’ll lead a team of experts, ensuring the strategic alignment of our homes as part of our sufficiency strategy. Building our portfolio and range of speciality care, ensuring our presence and authority at a partnership level with the Police and Health and delivering on our performance as a corporate parent will be key to your success.
Key deliverables in this role are:
· Deliver quality and effective services through efficiencies and service improvement
· Create and embed a learning and responsive management culture
· Champion high standards of performance through clear service delivery objectives for your team
· Provide strong leadership and clear direction to individual Service Management Teams, enabling and encouraging continuous personal and professional development
· Promote and uphold the Council’s Code of Conduct for Officers, delivering a service culture which ensures best practice through clear, consistent internal and external communications
· Create a safe and healthy working environment with employee wellbeing at its heart
· Set standards of performance that ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements and develop and maintain effective relationships with external regulators
· Ensure that Children’s Social Care Services are aligned with Council system developments and priorities and connected with locality social work teams
We’re looking for.
This is a role for an experienced leader. A brilliant communicator. Someone who has a good grounding in social work practice, who can lead and inspire those around them and deliver a quality of service that is second to none. A professional who can shape pathways and priorities and take people on a journey to outstanding in an environment where you can determine your own future.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
To learn more about the role, please see our dedicated microsite: bringheartbradford.co.uk
For a confidential conversation, please call Philip Segurola, Assistant Director on 01274 432904.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to CSCRecruitment@bradford.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th May 2022
To apply now please click Apply Now link below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford
- Children's Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Bradford