Head of Service - Localities
Bradford Children’s Services are on a journey. Over the coming months and years, we’re transforming the provision of care throughout our communities. Taking learnings from what’s serving us well and what could improve, it’s not just a transition – but a unique opportunity. A chance for everyone to make a mark on how we shape our service for young people. To set the standards and direction for care, district wide. Our senior staff are the catalyst for this change. Bringing all their skills, experience, and passion for the profession, they’re energising the people who can make it all happen.
A key member of the Children’s Social Care Management Team, you’ll provide operational leadership, direction and expertise in the development of our service to vulnerable children.
Working in a specific locality where the challenges are both diverse and complex, you will lead a team of experienced social workers, service managers, team managers and support staff, taking responsibility for the delivery of statutory Children’s Social Work, targeted early help, services for Looked After Children and Social Care Resource Services. You’ll deliver either by direct service provision or via commissioning of services from external agencies within your locality area. Either way, it will be down to you and your team to ensure a high-quality provision and service for children, young people and families.
This is a front-line leadership role within the Children’s Social Care Services Management Team (CSCMT). You’ll bring all of your experience and expertise to bear in delivering strong operational leadership in the development and delivery of services to differing groups of vulnerable children, individual Service Groups and wider children and young people’s services.
Key deliverables in this role are:
· Deliver effective, quality services and drive efficiencies through service improvement
· Ensure we align to our responsibilities as a corporate parent for children and young people in our care and ensure we deliver positive outcomes for our looked after population
· Be the champion of high standards for you and your team, driving continuous improvement, high performance and quality outcomes
· Create a safe and healthy working culture with individual wellbeing at the heart
· Facilitate and enable continuous personal and professional development for you and your team
· Promote and deliver a service culture which ensures best practice through clear, consistent communications in a fair and open environment
· Set standards of performance that ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements and develop and maintain effective relationships with external regulators
· Ensure that Children’s Social Care Services are aligned with Council system developments and priorities and connected with locality social work teams
We’re looking for.
The person who brings energy and direction to the team. A natural leader, who can strike that balance of strategic thought and operational delivery. Someone with experience at a senior level who is credible and capable of inspiring those around you to be the best they can be. You know what good looks like and your unswerving drive for quality and service will improve the lives of the children and young people of Bradford.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
To learn more about us and the role, please see our dedicated microsite: bringheartbradford.co.uk
For a confidential conversation, please call David Johnston, Deputy Director (interim) on 01274 432904.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to CSCRecruitment@bradford.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th May 2022
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.