Chief Executive - Chesham Town Council
Chesham Town Council exists ‘To improve the quality of life of all the residents of Chesham’. We work in close partnership with organisations, volunteers and the wider community to offer services to our residents, including parks and open spaces, allotments, play areas and environmental projects, in addition to the management of our commercial income generating facilities. We are unusual and interesting in that we own a 300-seat theatre, The Elgiva, and an open air swimming pool and gym at The Moor, which account for a significant element of our operational and commercial activity. We are also a key supplier of services devolved down from the higher authority, on behalf of Chesham’s residents and numerous local parish councils.
Chesham Town Council are seeking an experienced and inspiring leader to join them in this newly created Chief Executive role, providing strategic direction in line with CTC’s Annual Plan. This is a unique opportunity, and you’ll be joining an experienced and supportive team of staff who are committed to delivering the best outcomes for residents and businesses throughout Chesham. Bill Richards, Town Clerk at CTC, said: ‘We have a strong connection at a local level and we’re an ambitious Council, aiming to deliver quality services for our local community at all times.’
About the role
The Chief Executive will be responsible for working with elected members to build and deliver CTC’s vision, provide strong and inclusive leadership, and drive the strategic management direction of CTC. You will ensure strategic objectives are met in order that residents and businesses benefit from exemplar services, which are aligned to identified need.
Working with elected members to set the direction for the Council, the Chief Executive will lead the development of the CTC work programme, initiate new projects, and oversee delivery to an agreed timetable and budget. In this integral role, you’ll provide aspirational leadership to the Officer team, driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Your strategic vision will drive CTC forward, motivate others and bring an ambitious and inspiring mindset vital to this position, and you should apply if:
- You have a consistent record of service improvement and change transformation achieved in a leadership position, gained in a public or private sector organisation.
- You have experience of developing an organisational culture that is committed to strong performance and delivering high quality services.
- You can effectively build relationships with stakeholders, including partners, public agencies, communities, public agencies, voluntary bodies, and statutory authorities.
- You are confident in acting as a role model, and capable of using intellect, conviction, and energy to inspire staff at all levels towards a common vision.
- Evidence of successful delivery of large-scale projects with comparable complexity, time and budget can be provided.
For a full description of the role and person specification, please refer to the job description on the link below. To find out more about Chesham Town Council, visit: www.chesham.gov.uk
To APPLY click the link below