Inclusion Locality Manager (with SEND specialism)
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Locality Inclusion Manager with SEND specialism to join the Inclusion Service, which supports children with SEND.
You will be responsible for leading on the statutory requirements for the identification and assessment of children and young people with SEND and ensuring they have the opportunity to achieve strong outcomes and supported to achieve their potential into adulthood. You will ensure the local authority delivers high quality services to families, which are informed by lived experiences of families.
You will also be a key member of one of the newly established Locality Boards, which are partnerships between the local authority and education leaders across the 0-25 age range. You will ensure that the Boards are aware of performance across the locality in terms of SEND and Inclusion and ensure appropriate use of budget allocations to address these priorities.
We are looking for somebody who has strong knowledge and experience of SEND and the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014. You will be committed to working closely with families and co-production at child and strategic levels. You will take a pride in high quality and performance so we can ensure the best outcomes for children and young people.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Ensuring high quality performance against statutory duties for SEND
- Professional supervision and management of SEND caseworkers and managers in locality based multi-disciplinary hubs ensuring compliance with legislations and the code of practice
- Quality assurance of Education, Health and Care Plans
- Ensuring efficient practices for decision making regards assessment, placements for SEND
- Ensure caseworkers adopt a family centred approach to the assessment and meeting of needs for children and young people with SEND
- Ensure effective transition of young people into adult services
- Responsibility for the analysis of performance of SEND and Inclusion across one locality area and across the county for the area of specialism
- Resolving disputes and complaints at the earliest opportunity
- Significant contribution to the communication strategy at both local and countywide level to ensure stakeholders are fully informed of performance and priorities for SEND and Inclusion
To be successful you must:
- Knowledge of Legislative framework for SEND
- Detailed knowledge of SEND practices and protocols and inclusion in education
- Knowledge of performance outcomes for LAs and education settings in terms of SEND and Inclusion
- Have substantial and relevant experience of working with children and young people in education
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme, which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available.
If you would like more information, please contact Jane Le Sage (Assistant Director Inclusion) by emailing: Jane.LeSage@northyorks.gov.uk for an informal conversation.
Visit our dedicated Campaign Page for more information.
We welcome individuals looking to relocate, for further information please see our Relocation Policy
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 2nd January 2022
Interview date: Monday 17th January 2022
We look forward to exploring your interest and receiving your application.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Health Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire
- Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in North Yorkshire