Locality Team Leader - SEND
North Yorkshire County Council have a national reputation for excellence and we are looking for Locality Team Leaders with a variety of experience and skills. We also welcome those who are looking to relocate.
We are looking for two highly motivated and experienced Locality Team Managers (both for the East of the county; one to cover Scarborough and one to cover Scarborough and Selby) to join our Disabled Children’s Service which is part of the Inclusion Service which supports children with SEND.
You will be responsible for the management of Social Workers, Family Support Workers and their cases which will include children and families receiving short breaks, disabled children Looked After by the local authority and children at risk of significant harm. You will manage a commissioning budget for short breaks and will work closely with the other Locality Team Leader in your area and as part of a county management team to ensure consistency and high quality practice. You will work with colleagues from Inclusion, the Children and Families Service, Occupational Therapy, schools, providers and with health colleagues to co-ordinate planning and support for families.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a relevant Qualification in Social Work
- Be able to demonstrate substantial and relevant experience of working as a Social Worker preferably with disabled children and young people
- Have extensive experience in children’s services, including involvement in cases with complex legal, professional and ethical issues including child protection and Care Proceedings, and;
- Evidence of strategic planning skills and the ability to implement and embed plans effectively
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme, which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available
Visit our dedicated Campaign Page for more information.
We welcome individuals looking to relocate, for further information please see our Relocation Policy
For an informal conversation, we would welcome you to contact Jane Le Sage (Assistant Director – Inclusion) by emailing Jane.LeSage@northyorks.gov.uk
Closing date: Monday 20th December 2021
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 21st December 2021
Interview date: Thursday 13th January 2022
We look forward to exploring your interest and receiving your application.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Selby
- Corporate Management Team Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Selby
- Health and Social Care Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Selby
- Adult Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Selby
- Children's Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Selby