Public Health Service Lead (Adults)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Birmingham City Council aims to improve the quality of life for the people of Birmingham today, tomorrow and always. Our vision and outcomes are to create a city which provides:
- An entrepreneurial city to work, learn and invest in.
- An aspirational city to grow up in
- A fulfilling city to age well in
- A great, clean and green city to live in.
- Birmingham residents gain the maximum benefit from hosting the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- A city that takes a leading role in tackling climate change
The Public Health Function is an important contributor to this vision, responsible for developing the Council into a ‘Public Health Engine’, which actively promotes population good health and enables all Birmingham citizens to make healthier choices. This will be achieved through the continual championing of the health and wellbeing of all people across the city, but especially the most vulnerable. The delivery of an effective intelligence-led approach based on a set of agreed principles will require significant cultural and structural change – where the citizen is at the heart of what we do and each and every member of the Public Health workforce willingly and actively takes responsibility for their actions.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division in a Public Health Service Lead role. This is a rare opportunity for a highly skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This full-time permanent position will be within the Population team. This team leads the work on life course public health (Older People, Adults and Children and Young People) and oversees the commissioning of the majority of mandated public health services including the Sexual Health Services and Health Checks. The team is the key partnership bridge into the NHS and Social Care and leads the public health approaches to areas such as social prescribing.
This role will be based within the Adults theme of the Population Team within the Public Health Division. This position is a permanent position and will report to the Assistant Director for Population and will also have management responsibility. Management responsibility is subject to change and could result in no management responsibility or the responsibility of more than one member of the team at any time. The Population team leads the work on the life course within public health and oversees the commissioning of the majority of mandated and non-mandated public health services including the Sexual Health Services, Children and Young People PH Services, etc. The team is the key partnership bridge into NHS and leads the public health approaches to areas such as living well and working age adults.
Skills & experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who is able to:
- Understand the local Adults’ Needs concerning Public Health support and develop appropriate solutions and initiative where required. This includes the development of business cases and service specifications.
- Work with procurement colleagues in the delivery of appropriate tenders for adults’ initiatives and delivery ensuring the local authorities standing ordered are adhered to.
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of evidence-based Public Health interventions and programmes that address the Adults portfolio of work, including NHS Health Checks, Smoking Cessation, Sexual Health Services, Workplace Health and other thematic workstreams.
- To work at a strategic level translating high level policies and strategies, developing action plans for the delivery of policies and strategies.
- To develop appropriate programmes, policies, strategy development and deliver interventions in several public health areas wider than the Adults theme ensuring that all the themes link up.
Closing date: 09/12/2021
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Birmingham
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Birmingham
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Birmingham
- Adult Services Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Birmingham
- Social Care Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Birmingham