Strategy & Commissioning Manager Health, Wellbeing & Self-care
Do you have the strategic vision and commissioning flair to take on a key leadership role driving collaborative commissioning across Warwickshire County Council’s Health, Wellbeing & Self-care team? Are you able to inspire and lead teams and deliver transformational change across health and care? Does the opportunity to be innovative in your commissioning plans; maximising opportunities through the Integrated Care System energise and excite you?
If you are a dynamic individual, with a strong background in public health and social care strategy and commissioning, we’d like to hear from you!
The Strategy & Commissioning Manager (SCM) – Health, Wellbeing & Self-care leads one of three health and care commissioning teams based in the People, Strategy & Commissioning (PSC) Service at Warwickshire County Council. Reporting to the Assistant Director – People, the role is part of the PSC Senior Leadership team, working closely with two other SCMs; one leading Integrated & Targeted Support and a further leading All Age Specialist Services.
PSC is a high performing service, focused on ensuring quality health and care outcomes for the residents of Warwickshire. We value our staff and seek to offer a supportive working environment that enables you to look after your own wellbeing, whilst delivering in a role that is challenging and fast paced.
To achieve in this role, you will work closely with senior delivery colleagues across Public Health, Children & Families, Adult Social Care and the Commissioning Support Unit, and with our stakeholders across health, district & borough councils, and the voluntary & community sector, including stakeholders in Coventry City. You will also be required to demonstrate effective working with our Portfolio Holders, Elected Members and with residents who use our services.
Our Strategy & Commissioning Manager – Health, Wellbeing & Self-care is responsible for:
- The production and delivery of the strategic commissioning plan for all age public health and social care services, to deliver high quality public health and care outcomes across the following three portfolios:
- Maintaining and Promoting Independence: All Age Carers Strategy and Wellbeing Support Services, Community Equipment & Assistive Technologies, Advocacy Services and Dementia Strategy and post diagnosis support provision.
- Lifestyle & Prevention: Integrated Sexual Health Services, Mental Wellbeing Support provision, (including a focus on suicide prevention), and healthier lifestyles for physical wellbeing.
- Family Wellbeing: Children’s Public Health Services, Children and Family Centres, Early Help services including parenting programmes, Social Prescribing & Creative Arts Programmes, and the implementation of the Tackling Social Inequalities strategy.
- Lead representative for commissioning on system transformation boards including: Enabling Prevention Board, Mental Health Transformation and Delivery boards, and South Place Delivery Boards. The postholder will be required to support the development and delivery of the emerging Integrated Care System across Coventry & Warwickshire.
- The production of reports and presentations to Cabinet, Health and Wellbeing Board, Overview & Scrutiny Boards, Corporate Board & Directorate Leadership Team.
- Chair of Strategy Boards including: All Age Carers Strategy, Dementia Strategy, Tackling Social Inequalities Strategy.
- Line management responsibilities for 3 Lead Commissioners, who manage commissioners and commissioning support offers, collectively totalling a team of 22 people.
- Direct budget responsibility for £18m, including management of the public health ring fenced grant.
- Working as part of the Strategy & Commissioning Managers’ team to ensure effective integration, an all-age approach and alignment of work across the Service.
WCC is an organisation committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required. You must be able to speak and provide advice in accurate spoken English to the public.
This role offers an excellent career development opportunity, working closely with a dynamic and supportive leadership team - if this role appeals to you, we encourage you to take the opportunity for an informal discussion with: Becky Hale, Assistant Director - People, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07769 165488.
Closing date: 6 December 2021.
Interviews likely to be held 16-17 December 2021. Please note that you will also be asked to complete aptitude and psychometric testing as part of the process.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from global ethnic majorities (GEM), individuals with disabilities and men, who are currently under-represented within WCC within this service area. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Warwick
- Corporate Management Team Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Warwick
- Health and Social Care Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Warwick
- Health Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Warwick
- Adult Services Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Warwick