Senior Property Officer
Overseeing the management of the Council’s property portfolio to maximise revenue for the Councils from leased out properties, minimise voids and maintain good landlord and tenant relationships – the property portfolio currently generates rental income of circa £3million per annum.
Minimising the Council’s exposure to risk and liabilities, exposure to claims from third parties in respect of land interests and ensuring that statutory deadlines are met.
The role sits within Estates, which forms part of Property, Commercial Development Assets & Investment.
The role will mainly involve professional activities associated with Landlord & Tenant management of the Council’s property assets:
- To provide professional expertise, advice and bespoke solutions to colleagues, service directorates and others on property management and various other property related matters.
- To conduct the proper estates management of the Council’s property portfolio to:
- Ensure revenue is maximised in accordance with prescribed performance targets through the negotiation and implementation of rent reviews, lease renewals or lease restructures.
- Ensure proper compliance with Landlord and Tenant covenants.
- Ensure service charges are implemented as appropriate.
- Managing key lease dates including break dates, expiries and rent reviews ensuring the property strategy is fully informed.
- Ensure all aspects of dilapidations are properly negotiated to minimise costs including arranging schedules of condition and supporting the process, so these are carried out in a timely manner.
- Identify new opportunities for revenue generation or revenue savings.
- Provide appropriate information and assistance to ensure the maintenance of proper estates records.
To undertake property searches, option appraisals and feasibility studies, together with negotiations for leasehold acquisitions if required.
To prepare reports instructing the Council’s legal team in respect of property transactions.
To prepare briefing papers for Directors and Members if required.
To provide supervision of day-to-day work of support staff.
To undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required.
You will be educated to a degree level and an MRICS with a strong business acumen with a minimum of three years post qualification experience working within the property industry ideally with a Corporate Landlord.
You will be an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively under pressure, with good interpersonal skills and with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders both internally and externally. You will have excellent negotiation skills and the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
You will be proficient in MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.) and have the ability to fulfil driving requirements of the role.
Working within the newly formed property team with Oxfordshire County Council, you will be expected to provide an efficient, effective and pro-active professional and estates management service.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
• A generous annual leave entitlement
• Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme (after one years’ service)
• Incremental pay award (awarded annually in April after one years’ service)
Closing date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Interview date: w/c Monday 29 November 2021
For more information, please contact Robert Fuzesi – Head of Estates, Assets & Investment on Robert.email@example.com
To download a recruitment pack and apply for the post, please visit our website or contact Human Resources on 01295 221767
Cherwell District Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxfordshire
- Corporate Management Team Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxfordshire
- Housing Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxfordshire
- Management and Maintenance Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxfordshire