Transport Infrastructure Commissioning Manager
A bit about us
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Infrastructure Commissioning Manager to join our Highways and Transport Service. You will join our team of commissioners to take responsibility for developing and overseeing delivery of our ambitious programme of highways and transport infrastructure improvements
Our busy team commissions all highways and transport services for Somerset including passenger transport and parking services, highway maintenance, infrastructure programmes, rights of way, traffic management, engineering and road safety programmes. We are responsible for developing policy and strategy, new transport plans and programmes for towns and transport corridors, active travel policy and programmes, plans for decarbonisation of the transport system, bids and business cases for new funding; and determining the most appropriate means of service delivery (considering in-house or contracted services including developing procurement strategies). We work closely with the Council’s operational services who are responsible for delivery.
We are passionate and committed to transforming our communities by enabling housing and economic growth in the area; developing effective transport solutions, establishing a clear pathway to decarbonisation, securing investment in new infrastructure and developing innovative approaches to urban and rural transport challenges. We work hard to create desirable places for people to live and work as part of Somerset’s ambitious growth plans which include major enterprise zones and extensions to our main towns including Taunton’s new garden communities and improving strategic connections across our Region. Somerset provides fantastic opportunities to become engaged in some of the most ambitious growth projects in the Country, as well as tackling challenging problems associated with rural accessibility.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
You would be responsible for the development of our pipeline of highways and transport infrastructure improvements which are needed to improve strategic connections across Somerset and beyond, as well as to address more localised issues in our towns; to ensure continued economic growth; overseeing schemes throughout their entire lifecycle from the conceptual stages through to completion of construction and ongoing monitoring.
You will take responsibility for programmes and projects at an early stage and ensure compelling business cases for investment are developed and submitted, working with funding bodies to secure a continued pipeline of investment.
You will work closely with colleagues across the organisation taking a lead role in ensuring projects are developed in detail through the stages of option selection, consultation, design, planning, land acquisition and procurement. You would retain a close interest in schemes during and beyond construction to ensure the desire strategic outcomes for the investment are achieved.
We recognise the importance of a good work life balance and do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including some working from home, compressed hours, and other arrangements such as job share opportunities. We believe these roles would be particularly suitable for job share or flexible working. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you'd like to explore.
A few things about you
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant professional development.
- Have managerial experience and skills gained at a senior level , including making a contribution to the corporate management of an organisation where required.
- Experience in transport planning, infrastructure funding and infrastructure scheme development and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working including the ability to influence and, where appropriate, lead multi-agency groups and projects to deliver services and initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience of engagement with communities and customer feedback channels to shape and inform improved services.
If you would like to find out more about before applying, please get in touch with Mike O’Dowd Jones, Strategic Commissioning Manager: Highways and Transport, on 07977 412097 or via email@example.com , or Emma Tucker, Service Manager: Engineering Design, on 01823 359523 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Corporate Management Team Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Highways Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Taunton
- Parking Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Taunton