Assistant Director – Corporate Finance
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
You will be tasked with delivering a high-quality finance and accountancy service that combines best-practice with customer-focus.
Ahead of a period of significant change across local government, you will support the corporate transformation required to enable Lambeth Council to continue to deliver ambitious objectives and high-quality essential services for the borough and its residents.
Leading a high-performing team of circa 80 finance professionals your prime accountabilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial planning, the production of management and statutory accounts, and all reporting and statistical returns – including collating and reporting the council’s budget monitor to Management Board and Cabinet and overseeing the production of the council’s annual accounts, personally managing relationships with external auditors and presenting the accounts for sign off to Members at Corporate Committee;
- Lead on the provision of financial advice across the council on matters such as accounting, VAT, capital schemes and taxation.
- Leading an efficient and professional exchequer service covering Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Income control;
- Actively ensuring that all financial and service transformation strategies are consistent with the council’s longer term political and service aspirations;
- Working with directors and colleagues across the council to consistently enhance financial competence and enable budget holders to effectively manage their own finances and forecasting, and advising directors on budgetary positions.
This exciting finance role calls for a qualified financial professional seeking an opportunity to lead the modernisation of a high-performing finance function so that it becomes fully proactive, maximises all possible opportunities available from digital and AI technological advancements, and operates as a high-calibre, data-led, value-adding professional advisory function.
So, if you are seeking an opportunity to join a high-performing corporate finance team that is ambitious and keen to do even more, look no further.
Please follow the instructions to apply, or contact Az Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07717 810 481) to arrange a confidential conversation.