Assistant Director: Community Wealth Building
Barrow-in-Furness has got a lot going for it: from its extensive stunning coast to the fact that the Lake District is right on the doorstep. But you can also expect the wow factor when it comes to our scope for professional opportunity. A series of successful funding bids, and more underway, means that we have much to do. That’s why we’re investing in our capacity at Assistant Director level: allocating more resource to the crucial interface between strategic priorities and operational delivery. It’s a place where you can make great things happen.
This person will play the lead role in our work to develop and diversify our local economy, and ensure that our community have access to the new opportunities that are created.
You’ll work to identify and address root causes of economic disparity in our borough, operating across a wide range of services that include the following:
- Arts, Culture, Events, Visitor Economy
- Heritage including artefacts and buildings
- Community Wealth Building
- Market, Forum, Dock Museum, Piel Island, Town Hall Venue Management
- Regeneration and Planning Policy
- Major Projects and Project Management Office
- Strategic Capital Project Development
- Economic Growth and Sector Development
- Town Centre Development
- Business Improvement District Liaison
- Skills and Enterprise
- Clean Energy Development
- Strategic Housing Policy and Development
- Private Sector Housing, Disabled Facilities Grants
- Housing Market Renewal
- Low Carbon Barrow
With such a diverse portfolio you’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal to positively influence how the borough evolves over time, whether that’s optimising town centre development or securing improved S106 funds through our planning policies. You’ll be expected to think about the long-term as well as the here and now, so it’s important that you are a versatile and adaptable individual – able to balance operational demands with longer term strategic thinking.
We expect that you’ll have a professional qualification in a relevant discipline, such as Planning, Contract or Project Management, Housing or Regeneration / Economic Growth. This should be complemented by practical experience of implementing a strategic approach to some of the key aspects of this role’s portfolio. You’ll be accustomed to working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders and sectors, drawing on a breadth of interests and capabilities to support a comprehensive place-making strategy.
To find out more about the roles and apply, please click the apply button below.
Closing date: 9th August
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Corporate Management Team Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Planning Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness
- Regeneration Director £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Barrow in Furness