Head of Corporate Parenting
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Corporate Parenting Service as Head of Corporate Parenting, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
We are looking for an experienced children's social care manager to step up and lead our outstanding Corporate Parenting Service.
Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people in Suffolk?
You will be a qualified social worker with experience of successfully leading and managing regulated services for children in care. You will hold the role of Responsible Individual with Ofsted.
Our Corporate Parenting Service includes a comprehensive service for children in the care of Suffolk County Council:
- our Fostering service is second to none, highly regarded by our children and by the foster carers themselves. The service is the mainstay of our provision and we are looking to further expand and diversify, building on the existing high standards in place
- our Adoption service, which forms part of the recently launched Adopt East consortium, is a standard bearer for cutting edge practice
- our Children's Home service is part way through a development programme, backed by capital investment and the strengthening of practice through the introduction of a trauma informed approach.
You will also lead the operational placement service which brokers both internal and commissioned care packages.
This is a big job with a broad portfolio, but at its heart is the necessity to lead the county council's own services for children in care. As the Responsible Individual you will ensure high standards of care for our children is delivered within the regulatory framework, establishing essential relationships with senior leaders across the system, other providers, with peers and staff. The success of this role demands resourcefulness in placement development and management. You will be skilled at making the very best of the range of resources available to you including harnessing the strengths and talents of those around you.
You will need to be:
- a qualified social worker, able to become the Responsible Individual using the Ofsted process
- able to apply learning from your experience and from current research
- able to innovate when the opportunity arises and to maintain high-quality care for our children in care.
You will be joining an exceptional senior leadership team with a track record of success and high expectations for the future. The team is supportive and embraces both innovation and collaborative work.
Come and join Suffolk County Council where you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of practice.
If you are looking to take your next step, into a challenging job with a broad portfolio then this is a unique opportunity.
We will offer you:
- support to develop your existing skills and you will have access to excellent CPD
- a role that will stretch you, but will equip you for further career development.
We have a great benefits package including:
- flexible working options to support you, your work-life balance and career
- a generous leave entitlement
- contributory pension scheme
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- company discount scheme
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
A relocation package is available, please ask the manager listed below for details.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
The role has a large and demanding operational and strategic portfolio so if you would like to discuss a prospective application in more detail, please contact Walter McCulloch, Assistant Director Children's Social Care and Youth Justice on (01473) 260420.
For more information and to apply please click the apply button below or, call 03456 014412 quoting the job ref.
Closing date: 27 June 2021.
Interview date: 9 July 2021.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Suffolk
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Suffolk
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Suffolk
- Children's Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Suffolk
- Social Care Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Suffolk