Environment & Transport Director
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
As the Environment and Transport Director you will lead a dynamic and challenging set of services, covering the environment, waste and transport, all of which provide important and highly valued services to our residents.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategy and action plans to meet our decarbonisation and sustainability goals, both within the Authority and in influencing and shaping action with partners across the County to meet Net Zero targets.
The Transport arena has been hit hard by COVID, restoring and maintaining public transport provision in a new era of partnerships is a key priority over the next couple of years, as well as managing our transport fleet to deliver best value sustainably.
Waste management is a continuing challenge and the future of our new waste treatment facility plant needs to be secured as well as reprocuring all of the major waste contracts in the next 12-18 months.
You will work with many public, private and voluntary sector partners to shape the development of Derbyshire. Financial pressures mean tackling inefficiencies and being more commercial in our approach, while being proactive with our residents and communities to deliver highly valued services.
This exciting role require successful candidates to:
• have excellent strategic leadership skills and be able to lead, influence and motivate employees successfully through change, while maintaining a strong performance culture.
• have a proven ability to interpret wider strategic objectives to deliver high quality services aligned to our key priorities in the Council Plan.
• have strong partnership skills that will deliver focused services and projects as part of wider work programmes.
• play a key role in our continued progress in being recognised as an ‘enterprising council’, looking at innovative ways to deliver our services through new delivery models.
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Tim Gregory, Interim Director of Economy, Transport and Environment email@example.com
For more information and to apply for one of these exciting roles please click the 'apply' button below.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Environment Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Environmental Health Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derbyshire
- Highways Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derbyshire