Pensions Administration Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional individual with strong people management and leadership skills to join our Pensions Shared Service as a Pensions Administration Manager.
The Pensions Shared Service, based in Wandsworth, runs the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for five London boroughs: Camden, Merton, Richmond, Waltham Forest and Wandsworth. Our service is transforming through a programme of expanded staffing resources, greater use of automation and emphasis on people development.
Working closely with the Head of the Pensions Shared Service, you will inspire, develop and coach those around you, encouraging productive and efficient ways of working and a culture of continuous improvement, you will:
- promote greater use of technology to streamline processes and procedures to enhance service delivery;
- monitor team workloads and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and support managers to deliver cost effective and high quality services;
- manage the delivery of project work (such as annual pension increase exercises) as well as ad hoc projects (such as GMP reconciliations/equalisation);
- organise mentoring and training to develop talent;
- deputise for the Head of Service;
- represent the Pensions Shared Service at Local Pension Boards and Committees as well as regional and national groups and promote the benefits of operating in a partnership environment.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home (dependant on service needs), compressed hours. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Sunday 14 March 2021
Shortlisting Date: w/c Monday 15 March 2021
Interview Date: Interviews (which will include a presentation) will be held in the week commencing Monday 22 March 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Administration Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Management Team Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Human Resources Manager £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)