Assistant Director - Inclusion
In Suffolk we have a very strong ambition to transform the experiences of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, supporting them to meet their potential, and live healthy, fulfilling lives in their communities. Over the last three years we have achieved a great deal and are proud of the progress we have made.
We are seeking a highly skilled Assistant Director who shares our passion and has the leadership skills, experience, and commitment to take this work to the next level working with our well-established SEND Partnership. Through your previous roles, you will have gained the skills and experience to be a credible leader for our highly capable team of specialist service managers.
As Assistant Director, you will:
* be a key contributor to the CYP Directorate Management Team
* provide system wide leadership, working at a strategic level to manage complex relationships and partnerships, offering appropriate support and challenge across Education, Health, Social Care and Voluntary and Community Sectors
* work in collaboration with county councillors and the Corporate Leadership Team to ensure inclusion services are focused on the council's political and strategic agendas
* be expected to promote the county council's vision, objectives and priorities effectively to staff, partners, and the public and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times
* promote a culture of value for money, co-production, outcome-based customer focus and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Director of CYP, you will be responsible for:
* Education, Health and Care statutory assessments
* Provision of specialist education and psychology and therapeutic services
* Admissions to specialist education placements, including alternative provision
* Management of high needs funding and commissioning of specialist education placements and short breaks provision
* Supporting children and young people who have been permanently excluded.
Click the following link for further information about our SEND approach: https://bit.ly/39B8IOV
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They underpin our approach to performance, reward, and wellbeing. They define the relationship between the council and our people.
Benefits of the role include:
* a relocation package for candidates looking to move
* access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* flexible working options
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve our authority's priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Allan Cadzow, Corporate Director for Children and Young People, on 07717 302280.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
Apply online at: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org or call 0345 601 4412 quoting the job ref.
Closing date: 5 February 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.