Major Projects Manager (Bury Town Centre)
Major Projects Manager (Bury Town Centre) - £51,755 – £54,675
Two Year – Fixed Term Contract
Bury Council is about to embark on the next phase of its visionary and ambitious programme of regeneration with significant investment in the Borough to cement it as a destination of choice to both live and work within Greater Manchester.
In partnership with Bury Council; Badenoch + Clark is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to play a leading role, in delivering a single integrated plan, for the strategic redevelopment of Bury town centre. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for you to be responsible for bringing to life the Council’s continued ambitious regeneration goals.
Initial Projects are in Bury Town Centre, as the council is working on plans to bring forward a new modern day transport interchange, a comprehensive regeneration scheme around the wider Markets area, a new public hub building, the development of the education estate and plans to increase the level of commercial space in the centre. You will work closely with institutional investors, developers, local people and Bury Council Members to deliver against this goal.
The master plan has been approved and key site locations have been identified – what’s needed now is the right person, to advance these plans forward. Bury ranks highly in the retail rankings and the management team sees huge potential to work with investors and partners to build upon this even further.
- Manage and coordinate the projects and programmes of work that will help to deliver the ambitions of the Bury 2030 Strategy.
- Act as lead for the Council on a portfolio of key capital projects, which will likely be geographically clustered & take ownership of the multi-year strategy to deliver the key projects
- Provide professional support to other major capital projects being delivered in a particular place, these could be highways, schools, housing or other types of capital or infrastructure investment.
- Work with potential commercial and private investors and strike deals where the objectives of the areas strategic regeneration plans can be met and a commercial case for land disposal exists.
- Provide updates and information on the progress of key schemes to the newly created governance arrangements for your assigned place and provide input into the Council’s programme office.
- Support on compiling briefings for the Chief Executive, Leader and wider service for all Greater Manchester meetings, reading all papers and holding regular briefing sessions.
The successful candidate will play the lead role in the delivery of the Council’s continued ambitions to regenerate and reinvigorate a key town centre. You will be directly responsible for driving forward the development programme through; maintaining excellent contractual relationships, implementing methodical project plans, utilising strict governance measures and managing the full life cycle of each project. This will require skills in translating the council’s strategic proposals into development propositions. You will lead in assembling a small professional team drawn from internal and external resources and will drive forward the implementation of proposals with secured investment.
What is paramount here for Bury, is to recruit a Senior Project Manager who is suitably experienced and self-sufficient in accelerating the next stage of their development plans. The post-holder will need to have experience of driving forward a portfolio of multi-million £ capital build projects through to completion, as well as a previous track record in engaging in the design and planning phases of major regeneration schemes.
You will lead on any public consultation, working closely with the external partners and local stakeholders to ensure that they are delivering something the people of Bury want. You will also have the role of co-ordinating all the Council's input into the delivery of key capital development schemes including legal, procurement, transport and operations.
Therefore the council is looking for a meticulous, diligent and driven project manager with exceptional engagement and communication skills to work with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders to achieve project delivery.
For further info on the role and Bury’s plans for the future, please visit our microsite:
For a confidential, informal discussion please contact Chloe Moffatt – email@example.com or 0115 948 5794.