Assistant Director Regeneration Delivery
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Bury Council is about to embark on the next phase of its visionary and ambitious programme of regeneration with significant investment in the Borough to cement it as a destination of choice to both live and work within Greater Manchester.
Bury is proud of its identity within the Greater Manchester region and the council’s leadership team is committed to recognising the different characteristics of its 6 key towns and investing in each area.
Their vision is to create prospering communities that thrive independently; through excellent employment opportunities, education, health and leisure facilities whilst promoting the wider fabric of the Borough through sustainable and accessible transport links and economic opportunities throughout.
The council’s leadership team is dedicated to building upon previous regeneration activity and has identified 3 major programmes of work to re-imagine and transform the areas of Prestwich, Bury Town Centre and Radcliffe. This creative programme will set them apart from neighbouring areas and really put Bury on the map. Using these 3 locations as a catalyst for further redevelopment and regeneration across the whole of Bury; the leadership team is committed to being a pioneer and driving force when it comes to changing the face and economic potential of this Metropolitan Borough.
The executive team is now looking for an Assistant Director to join their Business, Growth and Infrastructure team to spearhead this significant change and bring the vision to life.
Main remit and responsibilities:
- Driving forward the council’s major physical regeneration proposals as well as bringing a commercial approach to their land and property assets.
- Driving forward area based regeneration programmes in Prestwich, central Bury and Radcliffe, as well as contributing to the working-up of schemes elsewhere in the Borough.
- Devising commercial strategies to increase economic activity and income on the Councils own land holdings, as well as working strategically with other public land and building owners in the Borough through the One Public Estate programme.
- Overseeing the delivery of new Council owned buildings and developments as a part of our investments in key regeneration projects.
- Building strong networks and connections to investors and funders to drive forward new growth and development.
- Leading the work on converting masterplans and site plans into commercial development propositions.
- Embedding the employment, health and skills agenda in to wider economic and inward investment to facilitate a strong skills for our workforce and businesses.
- Identifying and bidding for available regional and national funding opportunities.
Badenoch + Clark is therefore seeking an individual with an inherent ability to translate project ideas and concepts into delivery. In addition; an essential requirement is a commercial nouse for exploring further potential to increase capital values through strategic asset management.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong leader with a firm approach to driving change, managing resistance and developing solid partnerships with key stakeholders to help deliver against a large, challenging, but exciting portfolio of projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact which could be career defining for the successful individual. Not only will you join an inspiring, hard working and enthusiastic management team; its also a chance to work in a great Borough with real viable regeneration plans. Bury already has a good visitors economy, affordable housing, strong transport links through tram connections, respectable education and a retail offering that ranks highly amongst its neighbouring North West town centres. The vision for developing this further is realistic and the management team and councillors are all hugely invested in delivering against this goal.
For more information please visit:
For a confidential chat please contact Gemma Parlor – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07540 158 420.