Group Head of Council Advice and Monitoring
This is an opportunity to work at the highest level within Local Government, discussing and giving advice to the Leader of the Council, the CEO and all other Members and senior officers.
As the Council’s Monitoring Officer, you will ensure both members and senior managers are provided with timely and accurate advice, while helping to maintain high standards of governance. Ideally with a legal background, you will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how local authorities operate and have experience of working at a senior level with a strong awareness of the political environment in which we work.
A sound knowledge of GDPR would be an advantage, although you will not be precluded if you have a willingness to learn. This post works directly to the CEO, with responsibility for FOIs, Corporate Complaints and Committee Services.
We encourage flexible working and you will have the opportunity in this role for homeworking (potentially 2-3 days per week).
Please note this is a politically restricted post.
In return we offer:
- Up to 32 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays - PLUS Flexi-Time
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simply Health Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Further information on this vacancy