Do you have recent experience within the management of estates or facilities activity within a property portfolio? Are you looking for a role within an organisation that promotes a great work life balance?
We are seeking a Workplace Manager to join our growing Property Service. North Yorkshire County Council has a diverse portfolio located throughout the county, presenting exciting opportunities. The Council is going through a period of change that will affect its properties and its property activities. We must ensure that the council’s property and property services continue to meet corporate requirements and the day-to-day needs of the services that are delivered to the public.
As Workplace Manager you will be responsible for a team of staff across the county, manage a diverse range of workplaces from offices to day centres to libraries and ensure they are available for the delivery of the Council’s services. You will manage a range of functions, including office moves, procurement of essential soft services and the day to day operational issues at sites. You will communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to determine the requirements associated with property and / or facilities services and maintain those relationships.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a qualification to degree standard, preferably with a recognised (part or working towards) professional qualification (RICS, BIFM etc.), or have substantial experience in a comparable role.
- Have a proven track record in effective leadership.
- Have managed multiple sites in a large portfolio used for various purposes.
- Have the ability to take a strategic approach to the management of the portfolio and the services that support it and deliver day-to-day availability.
- Be able to plan and work with a substantial budget.
- Develop and maintain effective contractual relationships and partnerships.
As a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our Everybody Benefit’s Scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and Health Assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our Local Government Pension Scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish. For those candidates living outside the county you may be eligible for our relocation package.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about this role then please contact Roger Fairholm on 01609 535698.
Closing date: 1st November 2019