Senior Property Officer
We are seeking to appoint a senior manager with experience of working within property services and who is able to make an effective contribution to the development of the management of our property services.
As Senior Property Officer you will join the senior management team within our property service and work closely with the Head of Service and other senior managers in the establishment and implementation of a new property strategy and in leading a programme of further change in support of our ambitions for the development of our services. You will take the lead responsibility for a number of initiatives arising from the strategy, including the establishment and ongoing management of a comprehensive performance management framework that will underpin all of our work.
You will also support a range of other change projects that are being undertaken within the service, including through an ability to research and interpret best practice information and to support our objective of developing a strong, results driven property service that is able to meet the requirements of both the County Council and our commercial clients.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a qualification to degree standard, preferably with a recognised (part or working towards) professional qualification (for example RICS, CIOB etc), or demonstrate substantial experience of working within property related services
- Must be experienced in the development of service strategies, production and monitoring of programmes and have ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
- Proven record of effectively managing and forecasting budgets
- Be commercially aware, including the ability to identify market trends and requirements, and to manage the delivery of services in accordance with the identified requirements
- Proven track record of effective leadership skills and the ability to promote organisational policy and objectives
- Have ability to develop and maintain effective contractual relationships and partnerships, be able to negotiate and influence at a senior level with officers and politicians and have resilience in complex situations
As a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our everybody benefit’s scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and health assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our local government pension scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish. For those candidates living outside the county you may be eligible for our relocation package.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about our role please contact Jon Holden on 01609 534076.
Closing date: 20 October
Interview date: week commencing 4and 11 November