Property Contracts Manager
We are looking for a Property Contracts Manager to join our newly established hard FM team to contribute to the ongoing development of our services.
As our Property Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the management of the County Council’s Compliance and responsive maintenance contractors and for ensuring that appropriate contract management governance and processes are applied to ensure that high levels of quality and value for money are obtained.
Reporting directly to the hard FM manager you will ensure that contract management arrangements are undertaken and developed in accordance with best practice and maintain effective working relationships with the procurement and contracts management service to ensure that operational arrangements are consistent with corporate arrangements and that performance is reported and reviewed.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a professional qualification related to the property or construction industry or equivalent demonstrated through knowledge or experience Have excellent commercial acumen, specifically within the context of the management of construction contracts.
- Have analytical skills covering written, graphic, numeric and statistical information and involving risk assessment.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Have significant experience of the management of property contracts within either a client or contracting organisation
- Significant experience of the management of a property contracting supply chain, including effective performance management of contractors
As a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our everybody benefit’s scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and health assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our local government pension scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish. For those candidates living outside the county you may be eligible for our relocation package.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about our role please contact Jon Holden on 01609 534076.
Closing date: 20 October
Interview date: week commencing 4and 11 November