Hard FM Manager
We are looking for a Hard FM Manager to lead and develop our specialist property maintenance and energy teams in the delivery of services to our own property portfolio and the management of our traded services.
North Yorkshire County Council are going through a period of change that will impact its property portfolio and the requirements placed upon the management of its property services. This role represents a great opportunity for some with extensive experience in delivering hard services and with strong strategic and commercial vision to ensure that our services are developed to meet changing requirements.
As our Hard FM Manager you will have lead responsibility for the management of a range of services, including for ensuring that all responsive maintenance and property compliance activity is undertaken in accordance with best practice and statutory requirements, for developing our approach to energy management and for ensuring that effective contract management arrangements are maintained in respect of our contracting framework.
As a member of the property service’s senior management team you will work with the Head of the Property Service and other senior managers in the establishment and development of the County Council’s property strategy, and for the development of policy and practice across the service. You will have specific responsibility for the development and co-ordination of the property service’s commercial trading activity.
To be successful you must: -
- Hold a qualification to a degree standard, preferably with a recognised (part or working towards) professional qualification (RICS, CIOB etc), or have substantial experience in a comparable role
- Have recent leadership experience within the management of building construction / building services compliance / energy management activity within a large property portfolio
- Experience of developing and implementing organisational cultural change within a large organisation
- Be able to demonstrate experience in contract management and a strong commercial awareness
- Proven and effective experience of the management of resources in a changing organisational environment, including human and financial resources
- Proven track record of commercial business implementation and strategic awareness.
As a North Yorkshire County Council employee you will have access to some great benefits via our everybody benefit’s scheme such as shopping discounts, home technology and green car salary sacrifice schemes, financial wellbeing and health assured, our employee assistance programme, to assist with your health and wellbeing. You will also have access to our local government pension scheme, a generous plan for your retirement with the option to increase your monthly contribution if you so wish. For those candidates living outside the county you may be eligible for our relocation package.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about our role please contact Jon Holden on 01609 534076
Closing date: 20 October
Interview date: week commencing 4 & 11 November