Planning Policy, Urban Design and Infrastructure Manager
If you want to be at the heart of a borough undergoing exciting growth and rapid development - this is the role for you. Redbridge is beginning a journey of transformation to make the borough brilliant.
Our planning policy team is looking for a Planning Policy, Design and Infrastructure Manager – someone who can lead the department through an ambitious programme of change and make Redbridge an exceptional place to live, work and play in, for the long term.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Head of Planning and Building Control, you will have the chance to get involved in plenty of ambitious projects and tantalising tasks. Your key objective will be helping create a planning service that fuels growth, business, employment, diversity, and infrastructure in the borough, by:
· Leading a team of 10 officers – supporting and developing them to deliver an outstanding service of policy, designs, studies, briefs, feasibility plans and conservation appraisals.
· Taking the Local Plan forward - by selling the vision, delivering sound documents and meeting deadlines.
· Improving the planning service - using data to increase efficiencies, training to transform customer service and communication to engage stakeholders.
· Transformative thinking – coming up with creative ways to generate income, promote services and achieve financial self-sufficiency.
· Getting stuck in – managing s106 and community infrastructure levy, advising on complex planning policy and urban design matters, and overseeing street naming and numbers.
· Making a difference – convincing, advising and engaging senior management in the service’s projects, development and future.
Redbridge is the fastest-growing borough in London, the fourth most diverse local authority in the country, and has one of the largest ambitions to grow. We are preparing ourselves for the East-London development boom that is about to happen – we are preparing ourselves to be the next big thing.
What we are looking for
We want someone with the hunger, tenacity and passion for accelerating Redbridge’s reputation as an exceptional place to live, work and play. Specifically, you will have:
· A relevant degree and membership of the RTPI;
· Management qualifications, experience or demonstrable aspirations to lead a team and empower performance;
· Experience developing, implementing and advising on local planning policies;
· Comprehensive understanding of plan-making and infrastructure planning, with experience facing, handling and overcoming issues;
· A commercial and entrepreneurial mindset to spot opportunities, push development and ignite change; generate revenue and
· A can-do personality that inspires teams and reassures stakeholders.
The benefits we offer
Aside from being part of a growing, diverse and forward-thinking team, you will also benefit from:
· A competitive salary of up to £57,735 and generous pension scheme.
· 27 - 32 days annual leave (dependent on continuous service), plus statutory holiday.
· Career growth and development.
We are passionate about recruiting people who can make a difference to Redbridge. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone hungry to make a difference, implement change and prepare London’s fastest-growing borough for the east-London development boom.
If you think you fit, download the full job description and complete the online application process.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Brett Leahy, Head of Planning and Building Control, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 October 2019
Interviews to be confirmed
Ambitious for Redbridge