North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) is currently undergoing continued transformation through its Digital, Mobile Working and Transformation programs underpinned by introduction of new innovative technologies.
About the role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Enterprise/Solution Architect who can advise senior stakeholders to make effective transformation decision across all EA domains (Business, Application, Data and Technology)
The Council has invested in creating its own Customer Portal and providing a number of digital services to its residents and further development is scheduled as well as utilising cloud infrastructure to support new services.
The main responsibilities include:
• Leading the Enterprise Architecture team and creating governing architecture principles and policies to guide decision making.
• Ensure project architectures conform to EA principals and strategy and maintain integrity of EA architecture.
• Developing Business and Application capability models from Target Operating Models.
• Creation and ownership of As Is and To Be EA Architectures with roadmaps.
• Lead market research, procurement and delivery of innovative solutions from suppliers.
• Provide leadership to other technical staff within NYCC.
• Provide relevant complex information clearly to senior stakeholders to support effective decision making.
• Use of formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems.
• Define technology strategy that supports desired business outcomes.
• Acting as a point of escalation for transformation projects.
You will be reporting to the Head of Technology Solutions within the Technology & Change department, and based in Northallerton.
• Proven experience delivering enterprise Business transformation through Application delivery.
• Broad understanding of innovative technologies and the opportunities they provide business areas found within local government.
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills at senior manager level both inside an IT team and across business functions.
• Good understanding of EA frameworks such as TOGAF.
• Demonstrable ability of working at a senior level with colleagues and senior management teams within an IT environment and across business functions.
• Proven ability to provide intuitive views of EA domains for differing stakeholders.
• Strong leadership with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently as well as part of a team, to deliver key strategic outcomes.
The benefits of working for North Yorkshire County Council are:
• Flexible Working
• Flexi Time
• Generous annual leave
• Commitment to staff development
• Training and development opportunities
• Good transport links including road and rail
For further information contact Jon Learoyd on 01609 536389 or email/; email@example.com.
Closing Date: 7th July 2019
Interview Date: 18th/19th July 2019
External: to apply for this role, please visit www.nyccjobs.co.uk and submit an online application.
***NOTE***PLEASE DO NOT SEND CV’S THEY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED***
Please do not deviate from indicated application method.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Architect £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Corporate Management Team Architect £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- IT Architect £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Regeneration and Local Economies Architect £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton