Head of Service - Highways
Informal Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
In recent years Sheffield, the UK’s fourth largest city, has undergone a massive transformation with major investment in industry, business, its universities, health, the city centre and local neighbourhoods.
Sheffield is a growing and ambitious City we are looking for an exceptional leader to drive forward delivery of our Highways Operations including the Streets Ahead contract worth £2bn to provide a highways infrastructure which supports the ambition of a vibrant city. With this exciting opportunity, you could be part of shaping and delivering our ambitions working with strategic partners to translate our ambitious plans into a reality.
We are looking for someone dynamic, with vision, energy, and an outward focus who can build strong relationships with all key partners, stakeholders with highly developed negotiation skills. You will need a good track record in driving service delivery, efficiencies and achieving high performance.
Working for Us
Join us and you can expect a rewarding career with a range of attractive benefits, a friendly, supportive work environment and the chance to be part of a dedicated team. Our current benefits include:
- Wide range of flexible working options.
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption benefits, cycle and travel discounts.
- A valuable pension scheme, which provides you with a secure future income on retirement.
- Employer contributions to the cost of your pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement and opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Incremental progression for pay.
- Access to core development and opportunities for career development.
- Employment policies and support mechanisms to promote health and wellbeing.
- Special offers for services including Gym memberships, eating out and shopping and entertainment discounts.
We are committed to recruiting a talented workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we serve.
For further details please contact Mick Crofts, Director of Business Strategy on 0114 273 5776
This is a politically restricted post according to the terms of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Assessment Centre: Week commencing 15 July 2019
Please quote relevant Post Ref: 800560
Please note that we do not accept CVs. Please do not apply online for this vacancy but complete the downloadable Word document and send this in an e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com Alternatively please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone HR Recruitment & Talent on 0114 2734299 to request an application pack.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Sheffield
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Sheffield
- Environment Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Sheffield
- Highways Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Sheffield