Senior Commercial Development & Regeneration Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Be a lead character in Ashford’s impressive story
Ashford Borough Council is one of the most exciting Local Authorities in the country. You won’t recognise it as a municipal local authority as we are well on the way to being a commercial organisation. We have already funded the construction of a town centre cinema and hotel, and assisted in bringing forward other major projects that are changing Ashford’s skyline.
And now we are seeking a talented and commercially minded individual for the role of Senior Commercial Development Manager within the Corporate Property and Project Service. The Service underpins delivery of the Council’s priorities for the Growth and Regeneration of the Borough, and leads on major development and place making initiatives borough wide to provide new homes, commercial, retail and cultural space and the delivery of jobs that help sustain Ashford’s economic growth.
Responsibilities of this pivotal role include enabling and supporting transformational development schemes, as well as identifying and delivering commercial opportunities, all of which provides an interesting and varied workload.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to be at the forefront of the council’s aspirations, leading delivery teams and driving forward key development and regeneration projects.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to forge and manage complex public and private partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a high level in a property organisation, managing the workforce and complex property functions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the regional property market.
- The ability to influence other partners and organisations, while building positive working relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills to support and resolve often highly complex concerns and deliver practical solutions.
- The knowledge and understanding of complex valuation and development appraisals
For an informal discussion please call Paul McKenner, Head of Corporate Property and Projects on 01233 330419.