Divisional Director – Planning & Building Control
The best of London in one borough
From Canary Wharf’s skyscrapers to the vibrant East End, Tower Hamlets is full of colour, contrasts and potential. Here, you’ll find incredible cultural and social diversity as well as a melting pot of creativity and enterprise. In short, it’s no ordinary London borough. It’s the best of London in one place. With this incredible backdrop, you’ll be inspired to make your mark.
In the heart of the capital, we need to make the best use of every single square inch. You’ll make sure that happens as Divisional Director for Planning & Building Control.
The key is to lead our service to go over and above – meeting statutory requirements and achieving fast and sustained improvement in performance. Your inspirational leadership will make this possible and create a service that meets the needs of all our communities, businesses, residents and visitors. As well as leading managers, you’ll give high-level advice and make sure the team works in tandem with evolving systems.
At the heart of your work are local people, so it’s important to consult with them. With a firm grasp of all stakeholders’ needs, you’ll lead your service to build an even better borough.
- An experienced leader, you’ve shown you can deliver plans in a complex public sector organisation.
- You know how to build strategic partnerships that produce positive results.
- You have a background (and ideally qualifications) in Planning & Building Control
- A born team worker, collaboration and communication come naturally to you.
- You have the drive to solve problems, bring change and innovate.
For a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Hopkin 07500 042272, Chris Barrow 020 3849 2624 or Ed Harper 07540 706307 at Penna.
For further information and to apply please visit www.londoninoneborough.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday Thursday 18 April 2019