Infrastructure Locality Lead
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
THINK SMART, THINK OXFORDSHIRE
With 7million people visiting Oxfordshire every year, 32,000 students, a population of 161,300 people and 2785 miles of road to oversee, it is imperative that this dynamic region has a high-quality and sustainable transport infrastructure. As such, our ambitious growth initiative – which has evolved from an initial £millions investment to a multi-million venture featuring private sector and central government partners – has never been more important.
You will have the scope to lead a team that is invested in this work for the long-haul. Current plans estimate that these projects will be completed in 2031, so we are seeking visionary individuals who will play a key role in enabling and shaping growth over the coming years. There are plenty of fascinating challenges to get stuck into such as developing the Oxford Transport Strategy and supporting key stakeholders in ambitious proposals for a city-wide Zero Emissions Zone. So if you have plenty of creativity, exceptional organisation skills and solid sector knowledge, you’ll be right at home in our progressive department.
Our vision at Oxfordshire County Council is to create a region that doesn’t just meet the needs of its population – it exceeds their expectations. Our talented colleagues are working collaboratively to deliver this ambition, but in order to help these challenges go the extra mile, we need visionary Team Leaders to help our people meet their targets. Individuals who are meticulously organised and who have the drive, ambition and capacity to think smarter – people just like you.
You will be responsible for the daily management of your team, motivating them to ensure high-quality, value-for-money results are being achieved on time and within budget. Sharing your expert knowledge, you will inspire a culture based on respect – and you will ensure your team are being fully developed. You’ll see to it that we are meeting our legislative requirements, and you will adopt an open approach to communication. Overseeing reporting to ensure every stakeholder is on the same page, you will be the innovator who keeps projects on track. This is a career-defining challenge. And with your input, it is one that will have a major impact on Oxfordshire’s future.
Leading and developing the team within our dynamic Planning & Engineering department, you will thrive with us if you:
- Have a genuine passion for delivering customer and commercial-focussed results.
- Have significant management-level experience in a transport or spatial planning role, backed-up by good legislative knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of current developments in the field.
- Love working in partnership with people.
- Have good project management capabilities. You will also be comfortable working in a period of change, adapting team priorities depending on the current needs of your projects.
- Are an effective decision-maker, with good capital and revenue budgetary management skills.
- Have a management qualification or a degree (though equivalent experience would be acceptable if you don’t have either of these).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 15 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 16, you will also have a good understanding of all related high-risk technical disciplines, and you will be comfortable representing the authority in a legal environment such as a Crown Court or a public inquiry.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Highways Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Traffic Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford