Pause Practice Lead
Pause Practice Lead
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: Pause Team
Salary: £41,205 - £48,069 pa (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,322 pa)
Contract: 2 year fixed-term contract subject to funding to commence March 2019
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday, 26 November 2018
Job reference: CS0000331
Are you an ambitious, creative and influential leader or practitioner who is passionate about reducing the number of children being removed into care by supporting women to bring about change in their lives? Do you have direct experience of working with and affecting change in vulnerable individuals? Or are you an organised, innovative, administrative professional?
About Bexley Children’s Services:
“Bexley is a safe and supportive place to work with highly creative work undertaken by a skilled and well supported workforce – Ofsted 2018”
The Council, its staff and partners, were delighted in August this year when Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of children’s social care services to be ‘outstanding’! We were especially pleased that our investment in frontline practitioners and managers was recognised. We have been working for three years to create an environment where social workers can do the work they came into the profession to do - to support and help families to stay together where this is in children’s best interests and it is safe enough for this to happen.
Ofsted judged that we provide strong management oversight of practice, that we have a well – embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help, that we offer clear progress in career pathways, a talent management scheme and a nurturing environment to enable social work to flourish. We believe deeply in relationship based practice and ‘Signs of Safety’ is the vehicle enabling us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with the people we are trying to help.
If this sounds exciting and reassuring, we want you to get in touch with us. Our workforce is stable with over 90% permanent staff, but we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
Pause is a charity seeking to prevent the damaging consequences of thousands more children being taken into care each year.
Pause works with women who have experienced – or are at risk of – repeated pregnancies that result in children needing to be removed from their care.
The programme gives women the chance to pause and take control over their lives, breaking a destructive cycle that causes both them and their children deep trauma, as well as reducing huge costs to society and the taxpayer.
Click here if you’d like to hear more about Pause from the Founding Chair, Sophie Humphreys.
About the role:
As a Pause Practice Lead you will provide leadership to an individual Pause Practice to ensure the implementation and delivery of an integrated package of health, therapeutic and social support.
You will be a big part of a small team, where everyone takes a flexible and collaborative approach to work, and is committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable and marginalised groups.
Like Pause, you will be passionate about changing entrenched social issues, and will respond by ‘doing things differently’. You will play an integral part of a team where everyone takes an energetic, flexible and collaborative approach to their work, and are committed to improving outcomes in society.
Please note: secondments for this role from relevant partner agencies will be considered – this could be from Children's Services, Adult Services, Health, Probation, Mental Health Services, or other relevant voluntary services. If you are an internal candidate, please ensure you have discussed your application with your manager before submitting an expression of interest for this post.
For more information please contact Michelle Waldron, Head of Children with Disabilities, Family Wellbeing & Children’s Centres on 0203 045 3203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Professional supervision
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
- Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
- Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
- Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
- Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
- Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
View more about our employment deal here.
Visit https://bexleysocialcarecareers.wordpress.com to find out more about what a career with the London Borough of Bexley would be like or come for an experience day; speak directly to the Head of Professional Standards Claire Lawton on 020 3045 4042 or Academy Manager, Lori Goossen on 020 3045 4427.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
How to apply:
- Closing Date for your application: Monday, 26 November 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: Tuesday, 4 December 2018
- Preferred start date: 25 March 2019 (note: this is the date of the Pause induction – all new members of the Pause Practice team must attend, however if notice periods do not permit, we would allow you to attend the induction whilst still employed in your current post).
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Corporate Management Team Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Health and Social Care Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Adult Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Children's Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexley