7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Do you have a passion for politics, policy and public services? Then you'll know that 'all politics is local'. Could you keep up with the fast-paced local government sector - covering everything from child protection, adult social care, building the cities of the future, health, housing, counter-terrorism and finance?
The MJ has been covering local government for 125 years in print and now online. We are looking for an exceptional commissioning editor who can track the sector's biggest developments and oversee agenda-setting and eye-catching copy across our influential platforms.
Joining a small and dynamic team, you will create and respond to the news agenda - and work with industry experts to extend our exceptional reputation. If you are an authoritative, self-starting journalist looking for the next step in your career, this is an opportunity to work for one of the very best B2B publications on the market.
Skills and experience
- A proven journalist with a background in politics or public policy
- Extraordinary organisational skills with an eye on your deadlines
- Superb writing and editing skills with a talent for creating sparkling copy
- Ability to work as part of a team, across editorial, events and advertising departments
- A knack for social media
- An understanding of content management, SEO and analytics is preferable
- Above all, an excellent attitude and a hunger for producing the best possible content for a specialist audience.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply" button